Stiebel Eltron Accelera 300 E - Residential Heat Pump Water Heater
The Stiebel Eltron Accelera© 300 can extract up to 80% of its energy requirements from the energy in the air around it.
The beauty of heat pump water heating technology is that the amount of electrical energy needed to create hot water is greatly reduced compared to a conventional electric tank type water heater. The Accelera's compressor and fan consume only 1KWH of electricity to generate the heat equivalent of 3 - 5KWH. The efficiency of the unit goes up with increasing ambient air temperatures. This ground breaking efficiency redefines what a water heater is capable of. In a warm climate, the unit can either be placed in the garage where it takes heat from the ambient air, or inside the house, where it helps with the air conditioning load. In a cooler climate, the unit is typically placed in the basement where it also acts as a dehumidifier. You get hot water at a discount and a dry basement as well.
If the heat pump that is built into the unit alone cannot keep up with the hot water demand then an electric backup element with 1.7 kW loading will automatically activate.
- Meticulously Made in Germany
- Proven reliabiliy
- Low operating costs
- Large storage capacity
- This is NOT a hybrid. It is a true HEAT PUMP
- Reduces water heater costs by up to 80%
- Warranty: 10 Year Limited
- Voltage / Frequency: Single Phase 240/208 V / 50/60 Hz
- Maximum power draw: 2200W
- Circuit breaker: 15A
- Rated current compressor & fan: 2.5A
- Rated power consumption compressor & fan Rated power, booster heater: 500W
- Heating output, heat pump: 1700W
- COP (t): 3.18
- Typical COP range: 3-6
- ENERGY STAR energy factor: 2.73
- First hour rating: 76.2 gal